What of the
#38-The Common People of Japan
The common people of Japan
Many Americans know about the Samurai. Some younger Americans know about Japanese comics. Some Americans know about Kamikaze pilots. Some Americans say, “I can speak Japanese.” Then they say, “Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Honda.” Then they laugh. Most Americans only know about Japan superficially. Superficially means on the surface.
From the beginning of history, most of the people in Japan have been peasants. They have been farmers, fishermen, carpenters, artisans, laborers and of course housewives. In the past 300 years, more and more people have been merchants. Until the past 150 years, most Japanese people could not read or write. It was the same in much of the rest of the world also.
I believe these good fishermen, carpenters, artisans, laborers and housewives will be treated very well by our Heavenly Father. They are precious to Him. He knows and loves each one of them. They are not famous. They were not rich. They had little power. They have one thing in common, hard work. Work is part of Heavenly Fathers plan. Adam was told by God to work. He did. All of us should do work as long as we can.
These fishermen, carpenters, artisans, laborers and housewives learned to love, they learned to serve each other. They learned their work well. I think that many will feel at home in the Kingdom of God.
1. Which Japanese cars are not mentioned?
2. What does superficially mean?
3. Who told Adam to work?
4. Did Adam work?
5. Who will be treated very well by Heavenly Father?
6. Who will feel at home in the Kingdom of God?
7. What do they have in common?
8. Does God know each one of them?
9. What is part of Heavenly Father’s plan?
10. Who did they learn to serve?
11. What do some Americans say?
12. Are they precious to Heavenly Father?
1. Daihatsu, Suzuki, Subaru, and Mazda
2. On the surface
4. He did.
5. fishermen, carpenters, artisans, laborers and housewives
6. fishermen, carpenters, artisans, laborers and housewives
7. Hard work
8. He does.
9. Hard work
10. each other
11. They say they can speak Japanese.
12. They are.